Thursday, December 23, 2010

red

I've gotten really into adding red to any outfit recently. I love it as a way to simultaneously make any look more extroverted, masculine, well-bred but not conspicuous, and intentional. This seems to be most effective when the red comes from accessories, subtle design choices (e.g., the bottom button hole of dress shirt stitched with red), or as part of patterns.

Below are some of the red I've been working in lately. Watch from J. Crew, socks from J. Crew and H&M, and Topsiders I picked up at Nordstrom Rack (with that crazy Groupon deal that brought their site down for a bit).

I'm also going to try to make this a recurring theme adding new red pieces when I get them and linking to others I see on the usual sites, blogs, etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment