Saturday, September 11, 2010

Take Ivy heading to the Coffee Table Book Hall of Fame

Finally found some time to sit down and stroll through "Take Ivy." As I posted earlier, I've been waiting to take a look at the pictures therein for probably over a year now when I first heard about the book on various men's style blogs. I ordered the reprint in the spring and have been patiently waiting since then.

I took a few pictures of pages that caught my eye that I hadn't seen in other reviews, opinion articles, announcement posts, etc.

Near the back of the book is an "Ivy Wardrobe Directory," which lists out the items required for purchase if one wishes to achieve the Ivy look along with quantity and description. I will be printing out a copy and checking off items promptly.

I love the look of lightweight jackets over button down shirts. In the Northwest, this is especially functional as we have drawn out transitions between seasons where a button down alone nor a heavy coat are appropriate. I also like how it creates a shortened cuff on the shirt giving everything a trim/athletic feel.

Leather elbow patches will be in my life soon. They just have to be.

The red with maroon caught my eye as especially stuntin'. Makes me want to wear shades that are a bit uncomfortably close together.

That's all on Take Ivy for now. Going into the coffee table book hall of fame. Absolutely perfect to leisurely enjoy at irregular intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment